Installation help request

Hello. I would like to learn how to upgrade the Linux libc library from
source without the time-consuming but simple task of just installing a
distro upgrade. I have several source tarballs and have built some, but
it appears that to install a new library, one must use statically linked
installation tools and worry about system programs that might be
dynamically linked to the old library. A how-to discussion on
installation would be appreciated.

John T