Re: glibc-2.3.6 build error

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 4:47 AM, abhijeet tripathi
<abhijeet.tripathy@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> The issue what I am facing has been fixed for uclibc but I coulkd not see a similar fix for glibc. As I have selected ARM_EABI, so some of the syscalls are undefined but they are not sync with glibc.
>
> Fix for uclibc is at following link:
> http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2006-October/037412.html
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

If you are building an ARM GNU/Linux EABI compatible toolchain (ARM
EABI is generally used to talk about bare-metal firmware toolchains)
then you must use a kernel newer than 2.6.16, and therefore
__ASSUME_NEW_GETRLIMIT_SYSCALL should have been defined by the arm
kernel-features.h, and the above code in your build failure should
never get called, instead the new ugetrlimit syscall should have been
used.

Given that explanation, you need to track down what is wrong, either
the kernel is too old, or the arm kernel-features.h is wrong, or
getrlimit.c is not using the new syscall.

Cheers,
Carlos.