Re: How to implement a kernel feature check in the crt* files?

Jakub Jelinek wrote:
What you could do is set e_flags bit (in both object files and
executables/shared libraries) and, additionally, when .note.ABI-tag
section is added in the final link (well, just look for
ELF_NOTE_GNU note with ELF_NOTE_ABI and version smaller than 2.6.32,
adjust it to 2.6.32) in the linker.  Then you don't need to add
any runtime code and it will work even with older kernels.
It is ugly, but ELF_NOTE_ABI is well defined and avoiding very ugly runtime
code is desirable.

As far as I understood the ABI-tag is only checked when loading a DSO. So I would still need the runtime code for executables - right?

Bye,

-Andreas-