Re: libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Gabor Z. Papp <gzp@papp.hu> wrote:
> This combination doesn't generate shared libgcc_s library, only static.
>
> With this compiler glibc configure doesn't complains about the missing
> libgcc_s library.
>
> Now its clear libgcc_s.so required for modern glibc, the question is,
> should I move to gcc list complaining, or glibc configure should check
> for this "broken" gcc install?

This isn't GLIBC configure's job.  It's job is to verify that the
necessary dependencies to BUILD GLIBC are in place, not those
necessary to RUN GLIBC.

The compiler that GLIBC is compiled with may very likely be different
than the compiler which provided the system's libgcc_s library at
runtime.

The error you get comes at runtime and the configure time check would
be an incorrect solution for the problem you're seeing at runtime.

Ryan