Re: fork problem in multithreaded process -- segmentation fault seen

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 8:50 PM, dev nath <dev_wip_bms@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi *,
>>
>> I am facing a seg fault with the backtrace as below. Not
>> sure if this is a kernel problem or glibc problem or
>> something in the application.
>>
>> This problem is similar to the one listed in the below URL
>> http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/9908.0/0486.html
>>
>> Explanation of the scenario:
>> ----------------------------
>> A multiple threaded process tries to fork another process
>> and the application crashes at fork () api.
>> glibc-2.3.3 is used. I have ensured that the application is
>> not doing anything between fork() and exec() api. In the
>> pthread_mutex_init call the mutex variable seems NULL and
>> not sure if this is something related to streams.
>>
>> Please help me with the problem.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for
>> /opt/montavista/pro/devkit/ppc/7xx/target/lib/libnss_files.so.2

I suggest you contact MontaVista and ask them for help. We don't know
what patches might have been applied to their glibc.

You can also test a new glibc on your system, or a new kernel and see
if that fixes the problem.

Cheers,
Carlos.