Re: Question about inotify calls.

Ah!

I do not have a patch yet. I thought it's better to share the idea
first, and then go futher from there.

I understand that the solution has to be smart and fast.

I do not know yet how to determine the filesystem and get the
abilities from there.

I haven't written code for glibc before, but can write c, do write pam
modules and fuse filesystems. If you can give me some point where I
can start, that would be nice.

I've already found:

http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/lk/lk-8.html

which gives a good overview of the way the linux VFS is build.

Stef