Re: Question about inotify calls.

On 8/16/2011 9:38 AM, Stef Bon wrote:
> Ah!
>
> I do not have a patch yet. I thought it's better to share the idea
> first, and then go futher from there.
>
> I understand that the solution has to be smart and fast.
>
> I do not know yet how to determine the filesystem and get the
> abilities from there.
>
> I haven't written code for glibc before, but can write c, do write pam
> modules and fuse filesystems. If you can give me some point where I
> can start, that would be nice.

The inotify calls are assembly wrappers to the kernel syscalls and generated
by the glibc build infrastructure, triggered from this file:
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/syscalls.list

Remove the inotify entries from that file, and add inotify_*.c files in the
same directory with functions implementing the inotify interface in C code.
These will be used by a program linked against your new glibc.

Don't install the new glibc you build, just link your application with
-Wl,--dynamic-linker and -Wl,-rpath so it uses the glibc you just built.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Carlos.