Re: PTRACE_GETREGS missing from glibc for PowerPC

Andrew Badyin wrote:
Hello.

I'd like to have a clear understanding of what's the point in PTRACE_GETREGS and other "new" requests being
missing from <sys/ptrace.h> for PowerPC. As far as I understand they have been introduced into Linux for more
than four years now.

At present one has to include typically both <sys/ptrace.h> and <asm/ptrace.h> if he wants to make use of one
of them. Won't this lead to redeclaration errors when these definitions are put into <sys/ptrace.h> at last, if this
happens at all?

--
Andrew Badyin.

If you want to avoid that potential problem, I suppose you could use some preprocessor conditionals: #include <sys/ptrace.h> #ifndef PT_GETREGS #include <asm/ptrace.h> #endif