Re: checking sysdep dirs... configure: error: The arm is not supported

Thanks, Carlos.

I got glibc-ports, and then configured again, there appeared a new
error about GCC:

[point@digital build]$ CC=arm-linux-gcc AR=arm-linux-ar
RANLIB=arm-linux-ranlib ../glibc-2.14/configure --host=arm-linux
--prefix=/home/point/armtools/arm-linux --enable-add-ons=nptl,ports
--with-header=/home/point/armtools/arm-linux/include
--with-gcc=/usr/local/gcc-4.6.2

checking for makeinfo... no
checking for sed... sed
checking version of sed... 4.2.1, ok
checking for autoconf... autoconf
checking whether autoconf works... yes
configure: error:
*** These critical programs are missing or too old: gcc
*** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.

What's wrong with GCC ?

I checked the INSTALL file of glibc-2.14, there is a paragraph:

You may also need to reconfigure GCC to work with the new library.
The easiest way to do that is to figure out the compiler switches to
make it work again (`-Wl,--dynamic-linker=/lib/ld-linux.so.2' should
work on GNU/Linux systems) and use them to recompile gcc.  You can also
edit the specs file (`/usr/lib/gcc-lib/TARGET/VERSION/specs'), but that
is a bit of a black art.

May I have to re-configure GCC with
"-Wl,--dynamic-linker=/lib/ld-linux.so.2" before I can configure glibc
?

Thanks again.