Re: lazy library loading

On 15/02/13 10:24, Andrew Senkevich wrote:
> Hello Libc Community!
>
> I am interesting in lazy library loading technology, and how to enable
> it in libc/eglibc.
>
> I just started to investigate this area, and I see how lazy loading
> works in Open Solaris 11.
>
> Some description available here -
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19963-01/html/819-0690/chapter3-7.html
>
> May be some implementation plan already exist?
>
> I understand that support from binutils (at least linker) is also
> required and does not exists for now.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help on this question!

What are you trying to do? I first thought you wanted to copy the
feature of lazy library loading into Linux, but Linux already does
lazy-loading by default (you have -z now in the linker to disable it for
one library). Then that perhaps you wanted to make libc in OpenSolaris
to use that, but lazy loading libc wouldn't make much sense either,
since you will always call libc in your program (unless it's a static
binary, but then there's no need to link with it!). Maybe you were
talking about deferred dependencies?