Glibc, Pthread, Futexes and malloc

For a project that I am developing I am using glibc but I should avoid
to use pthread (nptl).

The project consist of a modification of the Linux kernel in order to
create a single image OS on different nodes: threads (not processes!)
run on a node but also across nodes. Currently we do not have the
support for futexes. (have a look at www.popcornlinux.org)

After copy and paste the basic threading functions from pthread, by
removing futexes, in a new library, cthread
(http://www.barbalace.it/antonio/projects/cthread.tar.gz) .. I was
wondering IF:

- does exist a version of glibc without futex ?!
   - in glibc scoping out malloc and printf how much of the other code
rely on futex?
- is there any chain of per thread initializers (*_atfork) for nptl
that I have to take care of?
   - e.g. is malloc_atfork called after do_clone?

thanks
Antonio

--
Dr. Eng. Antonio Barbalace, PhD