CLDR and glibc data

Does anyone have information on the discrepancies between Glibc's locale
data format and CLDR?

Our national localization workgroup in Finland, Kotoistus
(kotoistus.fi), is one of the teams who work on updating CLDR data. At
least for Finland, CLDR represents the current preferred values for all
localization data which are specified in CLDR.

Now, as I have been the open source (GNU/Linux etc.) advocate there
since the group's inception, it worries me that glibc is not taking
advantage of all the work we are putting into collecting correct data
for the Finnish locale.

It is of much interest to me to find out what are the discrepancies
which I hear are the reason why glibc cannot use CLDR's data.

Thanks everybody,

Troy Korjuslommi

--
Troy Korjuslommi