Re: Volunteer to take over mailing list moderation?

[Carlos O'Donell]
> Why not ask overseers to remove the moderation requirement and
> accept any emails? It's still useful IMO to have somewhere for
> locale related conversations to happen. Most people can tolerate
> some spam.

When the list was created, I believe was told that it was not possible
to configure the list any other way.  That is the reason I did not
consider to ask for the moderation to be dropped.

I've noted two volunteers to take over moderation, Dax Solomon Umaming
and Keld Simonsen.  I will hand over the list to them as soon as I
find time to figure out how.

I've noted that Petr Baudis and Carlos O'Donell make good arguments
for removing the list, but am not sure if it is the correct
conclusion.  The list was created in 2004 to fill a need, but I do no
longer remember the arguments (available in the mailing list archive
for those that want to check it out).  Perhaps is the need no longer
present, but I do not really have time to figure it out, and thus
leave it to the new moderators to figure it out.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen