Re: consistency in glibc add-on directory names?

> so as long as i have no interest in supporting any 2.4.x kernels, i'm
> safe to use exclusively NPTL, then?  good.

Yes.  That is the only fully supported configuration nowadays.
(Dan or other folks might help you with linuxthreads, but we don't
consider linuxthreads to be glibc bugs any more.)  For 2.3.x
bug-fix releases, we will make some effort to avoid regressions
from 2.3.5 linuxthreads behavior.