Re: Fix missing ARM clobbers in longlong.h

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 07:29:00PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > I've submitted this to GCC, and will commit it there when the HEAD branch is
> > open for non-regression fixes again.  Roland, could you commit this for
> > glibc? TIA!
>
> Actually, I'd prefer to take the file verbatim from canonical gcc sources
> and update it wholesale (so that it differs only in the license text).  Can
> you let me know when a canonical gcc version of the file is good to update?
> If it's not on the gcc trunk but definitely will be according proper gcc
> procedures, then that's canonical enough for me.  But ideally I'd like to
> just say "updated to match gcc trunk as of <date>".

Two problems: the copy in glibc has had a few (two-ish) local changes
since then, and I can't commit it to FSF tree right now because of the
impending 4.1 release.  I am going to commit the patch to GCC as soon
as opportunity permits, so if you'd prefer to use HEAD's + this patch,
that should be fine - but I didn't check the other glibc local changes.

The file is actually mastered in gmp, as far as I can tell.  That file
has several years worth of divergence, including a fix for this bug.  I
didn't feel up to tracking down all the changes.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC