Question on "never use the ports/ name in code or in log entries"

Mentioned from Roland, we may not use the ports/ name in code or in
log entries.  But a simple grep -R -e '<ports/' in ports results that
people have already used ports/ name in code.

Can someone tell me an elegant solution how to fix this issue without
using ports/ or - more horribly - paths like <../../...> to the
correct headers, since this is always a problem for machines they have
been in the official glibc source tree before and moved to the ports
now?

TIA.