Re: incorrect usage of cancellable nanosleep() in __pthread_acquire() ?

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 06:11:39AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> and noticed that nanosleep() is in there but pthread_mutex_lock() is not ...
> so, since pthread_mutex_lock() is implemented on top of __pthread_lock()
> which is implemented on top of __pthread_acquire() which calls nanosleep(),
> isnt this a not-so-good idea ?  the huge comment block above
> __pthread_acquire() explains why this is necessary, and considering we have
> to do all this ugly scheduling in userspace while nptl does it in kernel
> space, i guess there's no way around it ?

Before I even look any closer at these reports, what's the point?

LinuxThreads is nothing even vaguely like POSIX compliant.  It's never
claimed to be, and at this late date it certainly never will be.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery