Re: (ARM EABI) ports-20061127 + kernel-headers-2.6.18 == broken system

--- Steven Newbury <s_j_newbury@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> --- Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 09:35:11PM +0000, Steven Newbury wrote:
> > > I've been looking in sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux and
> > > ports/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm.  The __ASSUME_ATFCTS define is only in
> > the
> > > core glibc kernel-features.h not in the ARM ports addon version.  Should
> > just
> > > update ports/.../arm/kernel-features.h?  There's no reason to assume
> these
> > > syscalls haven't been implemented for ARM is there?
> >
> > The common version is used for all platforms in addition to the arm
> > specific one.  I assume the syscalls are missing for ARM, or at least
> > for your kernel headers, and that assuming them is incorrect.
> >
> So the correct fix would be to implement the syscalls for ARM, and in the
> meantime _not_ define __ASSUME_ATFCTS for ARM in 2.6.18 (2.6.18 is the first
> kernel release with support for export of sanitised kernel headers for
> userspace), right?
It looks like ARM just got overlooked when the syscalls were hooked up.  There
is nothing arch dependent which is why the generic kernel-features.h doesn't
make any exceptions.

I'll post an email to linux-arm-kernel to see if I can get the syscalls added
to ARM, just adding them myself would be a bit risky once if they end up with
differing numbers...

Steve