Re: dlsym in glibc-2.5/mips

Hello.

I would like to ask you one question about this issue.
The function do_lookup_x in glibc-2.5/elf/do-lookup.h shows some comments
which is that HIDDEN attribution symbol is not accept.

But HIDDEN attribution symbol is examined normally
in line 223 or later code.

Is this handling appropriate?

Thank you.
Yoriko Komatsuzaki
yoriko@sm.sony.co.jp

> Hello.
>
> I would like to ask you about the following dlsym issue
> in mips and glibc-2.5.
>
> I compile and execute the attached files and
> the following SEGV happened.
>

> # g++ -g test.cc
> # g++ -fPIC -c -g dlsymtest.cc -o dlsymtest.o
> # g++ -ldl -g -shared -o dlsymtest.so dlsymtest.o
> # export LD_PRELOAD=./dlsymtest.so
> # ./a.out
> Segmentation fault
>
> Could you tell me any ideas or comments about this phenomenon ?
>

> Thank you.
> Yoriko Komatsuzaki
> yoriko@sm.sony.co.jp

---