Re: onwards to git

> Is there anything in particular that should be done with ports on or
> around 9 May to facilitate the switch for ports?  (I did the last release
> tagging/branching for ports, Daniel did some previous tagging but I think
> he's away on the 9th.)

I removed Ulrich, who isn't interested in ports, and added Jim,
who handles the mechanics of the repository conversion for us.
(Thanks, Jim!)

The ports module is separate from the libc module and the libc change will
not have any direct or immediate effect on ports.  I previously suggested
that ports switch to git much earlier (it never needed to wait for the main
libc conversion).

Jim, is there any substantial benefit for the ports module in redoing the
cvs->git conversion fresh?  If not, then there are no more mechanical
details required for ports to switch.  Just the committers need to switch.
If so, let's do that fresh conversion right away.

Thanks,
Roland