Re: Ports status for 2.11 (was: Re: Will the alpha port be usable for 2.11?)

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Joseph S. Myers
<joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Nov 2009, Thomas Orgis wrote:
>
>> Before I go into detail and bore people with my specific build errors,
>> which would also probably not be that appropriate for this list, I just
>> would like to know if the upcoming glibc ports in version 2.11 is
>> supposed to include a working alpha port. I mean one, that works as-is,
>
> Ultimately, it is up to port maintainers to keep their ports working,
> including updating them for changes in libc code and reviewing patches
> from others to their ports.

I've been working on the hppa port this weekend.

> * HPPA. ?Maintained by Carlos. ?Needs ports files updates and
> ____longjmp_chk implementation. ?One HPPA bug (6676) is marked with the
> glibc_2.11 keyword.

The ____longjmp_check implementation will be checked in by the end of today.

The PIE fix will also be checked in by the end of today.

Unforutnately in addition to this I had to implement the
_STACK_GROWS_UP case for nptl/pthread_create.c, which is currently
#error "to do", therefore the hppa port will never compile with 2.11
because of this and upstream is already tagged.

I don't know if upstream will be willing to create a 2.11.1 with the
_STACK_GROWS_UP fix.

Cheers,
Carlos.