Re: Glibc release check-list

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> I requested that ports tagging be delayed to allow me time to fix
> several hppa defects.
>
> Since then I have discovered that the correction of these defects
> requires patches to core glibc for cases where the stack grows up (not
> down).
>
> Having a fixed ports but a broken glibc core isn't useful, therefore I
> no longer oppose the tagging/branching of ports to 2.11.

I should add that while my comments about fixing on 2.11 branch still
apply, if you have a fix for some issue that you are satisfied is complete
and correct, it makes sense to push that fix now rather than waiting for
other separately fixable problems to be fixed first, and so reduce the set
of problems without committed fixes.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com