Re: asm-generic/unistd.h and glibc use of NR_ipc

On Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:13:56 Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 September 2010, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > C6X has no MMU so a glibc port isn't a possibility.  There are indeed
> > uClibc and GCC ports we will be contributing in due course - but the
> > linker support for shared objects is still in development (I contributed
> > the static linking binutils support upstream earlier this year) and is
> > required for building anything for uClinux userspace for this platform.
>
> Right. Obviously the same question exists for uClibc though: The C6X
> syscall ABI will need to be rewritten (as in deleted and replaced by
> generic code) in the kernel in order to get merged, so the uClibc port
> will have to gain the same kind of generic API that we need for glibc.

i dont think uClibc needs nearly as much work as glibc.  it already goes out
of its way to avoid code duplication whenever possible (and then some).  the
position glibc takes wrt copy & paste at the file level makes me ill and so i
tend to double down in my uClibc efforts there.
-mike