armv5tel not supported; interested in developing a port

to be honest, I wasn't sure who to direct this to. I have a Marvell
Kirkwood mv6282 1.6Ghz ARM Processor (Marvell ARMADA 300) which comes
up as armv5tel in the machine var. I'm determined to get glibc
compiled on this processor, but I don't know where to start. I've been
programming for years but I'm new to unix and troubleshooting compile
issues on such a low level. Any direction would be greatly
appreciated, such as books to read, good reference sites, etc.

Thanks,

Geoff

Sorry if you're getting this email multiple times, it got kicked back
I think from one or the other because it wasn't sent in plain text.