Re: [ARM] getcontext routines v2

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Michael Hope <michael.hope@linaro.org> wrote:
> This is an implementation of getcontext, makecontext, setcontext and
> swapcontext for ARM Linux and continues on from Dave Gilbert's original
> version[1].
>
> The changes in this version are:
> ?* Use the GNU coding style
> ?* Use ucontext_i.sym to pull constants and struct offsets into the assembly
> code
> ?* Match the style of the MIPS and Tile implementations
>
> These routines survive basic testing. ?A full GLIBC, QEMU, and GNU pth test
> run is under way.

I looked over things briefly and the formatting and license looks OK.
Do you and Dave have FSF copyright assignments in place?

I also have two comments.

(1) Is setcontext correctly implemented?

Your setcontext doesn't iterate over uc_link, instead you appear to rely
on makecontext having set a special return handler and input arguments.

The special return handler won't be set of the user manually sets uc_link
in the context, which I believe is an allowed operation (only uc_mcontext
is forbidden to be modified).

I'd be interested in seeing if you pass all of the glibc tests.

(2) Please also post a GNU ChangeLog with your patches.

Cheers,
Carlos.