Re: restoration of ia64

> ugh, i figured you were going to say that.  i have a very limited
> familiarity with ia64 assembly, but i guess a building+running arch is
> better than none at all.  so i'll be the sucker until someone more
> knowledgeable volunteers.

You may be able to scare up a volunteer by looking at the past libc
contributors and current binutils and gcc maintainers.

> i'll start with the commit that deleted it and see about getting it building
> from there.

I gave those details to point out that if you just get it building in the
most straightforward way then there will still be bad duplication of code
that we don't want let sneak in.  So please follow up on those issues
before submitting the revived port.

Thanks,
Roland