Re: [WIP] glibc: Use /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 for ARM's -mfloat-abi=hard ABI.

On Sat, 5 May 2012, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> * Define HAVE_ARM_PCS_VFP in config.h.in

Is there a way we can avoid architecture-specific defines needing to go in
config.h.in - have architecture-specific files instead that it includes in
some way?  Does it work for configure.in fragments to use
AC_CONFIG_HEADERS naming their own config.h.in fragments - will each
fragment then get the right substitutions made on it?  (A mechanism would
also be needed for all the fragments to get included automatically -
probably the main config.h should include all the others.)

(The same issue applies with AC_SUBST as with AC_DEFINE - there shouldn't
need to be a load of architecture-specific AC_SUBSTs in configure.in and
config.make.in.  But let's see if it can be solved for config.h.in first.)

> To tell you the truth at this late hour I can't remember why we're
> doing this in preconfigure, why can't this all be in
> sysdeps/arm/configure.in where I can use AC_DEFINE?

preconfigure is only relevant for choosing sysdeps directories.  For
defining something, sysdeps/arm/configure.in should work.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com