Re: [patch, mips] More mips memcpy improvements

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 2:43 AM, Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> On 28/11/2012, at 9:37 AM, Steve Ellcey wrote:

>> Andrew and Maxim, could you take a look at this new version and see if it
>> works OK for you?
>
> Correctness-wise, the patch does not trigger any faults on the benchmark that I'm using, so that's good.  Performance-wise, I didn't see any significant difference.  It may be that XLP's cache doesn't benefit from using prepare-for-store hints.  In any case, the patch doesn't regress performance, so I'm OK with it.
>
> Steve, did you run normal glibc testsuite on this patch with no failures?

I will note that I'm not comfortable pushing a patch like this so
close to the 2.17 freeze.

My preference would be that 2.17 goes out the door, then once the
freeze is over we put this patch into trunk and then everyone can test
it and ensure that what we get is continual incremental improvement.

Cheers,
Carlos.