RE: SWIG and callback wrappers

Well the swig release date is June.  When libffi is not available we'll have
a load of identical callback functions each with some individual static
storage.  We'll allocate these functions out as needed till they are all
used up.  So while libffi provides the no-limits callback handling we'll not
be stuck if a release is delayed.

Swig users will not be able to jury-rig gcc but will be able to install
libffi if required.

Do you suppose that when (or earlier) your enhancements are built back into
gcc that it will be available as part of gcc and not just secretly within
gcc.

Sam