libffi distribution

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a current distribution of libffi for the
various platforms.

I understand it's distributed with gcc in a manner of speaking, but
having access to the binaries on systems for which I do not or cannot
have gcc installed would be handy.  Since it contains assembler code,
compiling it with other compilers for some of the platforms would be
more difficult; a binary distribution would get around this.

I'm thinking of creating an interface to libffi for Java (through JNI,
not a particular Java implementation) to allow Java to call arbitrary
native code.  If anyone else has done this already, by all means let me
know so I won't be reinventing the wheel.

Thank you,
Brian Sullivan