Re: Non-gcc releases

Anthony Green <green@redhat.com> writes:

[Etienne Gagnon]
>>  This is my biggest problem with
>> copyright assignment: it often drives away potential contributors, and
>> ends up slowing a project.
>
> I agree that this is the biggest problem with copyright assigments, but
> I don't feel it's too big a problem for libffi.  Most of the libffi
> contributions from the last few years have come from the GCC community,
> who are familiar with this process.  And, perhaps I am suffering from a
> lack of imagination, but I'm having trouble seeing where we need legions
> of new libffi contributors.  I mean, the core work is basically done -
> modulo a few clean ups, more ports as they happen and perhaps an
> optimization or two.  It's not really an ambitious project where
> development resources are desperately required.

I don't know if you are interested in a Windows port, so this may be an
issue or not:
I have seen at least 2 or 3 'hacked' versions of libffi for windows, and
hacked on another one myself.  There must be a reason why this wheel is
always reinvented.

And, even on non-windows, it is my impression that docs are badly
needed.

Thomas