Re: Non-gcc releases

Etienne> So, my question for those whi know the answer, is:
Etienne> - Would it really make a difference if libffi's main code repository
Etienne> was separate from GCC?

Anthony> I don't think so.  If we revive the external libffi
Anthony> repository, then I envision libffi being maintained much like
Anthony> config.sub, or perhaps boehm-gc.

Actually I tend to suspect that we'll lose some amount of bug fixing
or new ports if libffi's main repository moves out of GCC.  I suppose
the counter-argument is that we'll be leaving a copy of libffi in the
gcc tree anyway, so it will be just easy for gcc maintainers to make
fixes (and one of us to move them back upstream).  I guess I've just
talked myself in a circle :-).

Tom