Re: libffi merge

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Andrew Haley<aph@redhat.com> wrote:

>> Ralf> Would standalone libffi be willing to accept into its tree
>> Ralf> configury parts that are only active in the GCC tree?
>>
>> If this is possible, why have a separate libffi repository at all?
>> You could just tell developers to:
>>
>> ? ? svn co svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk/libffi
>
> And we'd have to check into gcc bits of configury that are no longer
> relevant to gcc. ?But I'm looking at all possibilities.

Such is the nature of using external libraries.  Look at GMP/MPFR/PPL/CLOOG.

> Anyway, if the repos are not massively different then merging is trivial.

It's keeping them in synch that poses problems.  Even libiberty
exhibits issues at times between gcc and binutils, and that is
supposed to be automated.

On a side note, when do you plan on updating everything with Timothy
Wall's patch?