man ffi_call

Hi libffi-discuss@sourceware.org,

I just learned about libffi and would wish I had learned about it long ago. I would wish that 'SEE ALSO' in 'man dlopen' contained a pointer to ffi_call. At least that would have saved me a lot of time and trouble.

But in my opinion, a reference to ffi_call(3) from dlopen(3) would require the ffi man pages to be more complete than they are at present. Among other, the ffi man pages do not mention which ffi types are predefined.

So I have written the attached man pages for ffi_call(3) and ffi_prep_cif(3). They are based on libffi.info. I have taken the liberty to give the information a complete overhawl.

To see the man page, proceed thus:
save man.tar.bz2 to your current directory
tar xjf man.tar.bz2
man -M man ffi_call
man -M man ffi_prep_cif

If you don't like the man pages, please ignore them. If you like them or part of them, please use them as you like.

Cheers,
Klaus