Explicit Pointer to Char

Hi all,
I implemented a language which heavily uses libffi. The compiler has
been bootstrapped and a beta is available at
http://www.hi-language.org.

Unfortunately, at the moment, it just uses to many resources
compiling, where most allocations are just lists (expensive) of
characters (expensive). (Think of a Lisp with a large cell size.)?A
manner of alleviating this problem for me would be by supporting
strings natively in the language.

It would help a _lot_ if I could tag libffi values not just pointer,
but -in special cases- pointer to char when I need this.

My question: Is there a manner in which I could hack this into libffi directly?
Cheers,
?? ?Marco