C++STYLE

Gabriel Dos Reis Gabriel.Dos-Reis@cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Tue May 16 03:19:00 GMT 2000

Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@cygnus.com> writes:

[...]

| ... As a side benefit, it would be nice
| to unify some of the random formatting that is going on now (It looks
| like io/string match, but valarray/complex are different and the STL
| is all over the place.)

Well, I'll the valarray/complex bits.

| Here's my suggestion:
|
| End goals might include:
|    - emacs mode that enforces the rule (Say, mode of 'GNU C++')
|    - code is re-formatted to C++STYLE guide
|    - C++STYLE document that is put in GNU coding standards document.

agreed.

| Meta-issues that have to be resolved:
|    - What subset of the C coding style will be used.

the place of ptr-operator, that is where to put '&' and '* cv-qualifier'
I think ptr-operator should be formatted as  part of the type
specifier as suggested by C++STYLE.

I think there should be no space between function-name and the opening
paren.

|    - What degree of consistency with the C style will be tolerated, and
|      if this is desired.
|    - Consistency with respect to the typographic conventions in 14882.

I supoort consistency with 14882.

-- Gaby