Thanks to you for your work! (was: Re: Boost regression testsuite results for...)

Gabriel Dos Reis Gabriel.Dos-Reis@cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Apr 17 16:16:00 GMT 2001

Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@unitus.it> writes:

| I avail myself of your very kind attention to summarize a few points:
|
| - Regarding Boost, as Peter Schmid clearly indicated, the most
| disturbing Gcc failure seems to be call_traits_test.cpp, core language
| related, probably. The other 3 failures *very* likely are *not*
| libstdc++-v3 related :) (PR2559)
| (I consider the concept checking code disabled for the moment, til the
| end of the experimental period ...... when eventually a far less "ad
| hoc" and more theoretically founded approach (gdr ;) will supersede it
| completely :)

Thanks :-)

I hope this is the last week I'm spending on my PhD dissertation
text... so that I'll be available next week... (crossing my
fingers ;-)

| - Unfortunately, whereas the libstdc++-v3 accompanying the current
| Gcc3.0 works well for me, I cannot say so for that bundled with Gcc3.1
| (PR2523). I'm really worried by this, because the newer hot stuff is in
| the latter and my system is very common and stable :(
|
| - What about Loki ?!?

Paolo, please could try a compilation and fill the output in GNATS?
That would be a starting point.  I haven't yet had the time to look
into Andrei's stuff and I'm not sure I'll have time to do it before
next week or so.

Thanks!

-- Gaby