RFC: moving stl_config defines into c++config

Phil Edwards pedwards@disaster.jaj.com
Mon Feb 19 15:53:00 GMT 2001

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 03:46:29PM -0800, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> ugh the more I see of this stuff the more I think we should just format
> the library and use one set of macros. Oh well. This is fine, in an
> cleansing measure...

Yah, much ugliness.  Are we planning to continue to track the SGI STL in
the future?  I've been making these changes under the assumption that
someday we'll have to merge in a new version.  If that's not the case,
then surgically removing all of the "never happens" macro cruft would
be wonderful.  I'd be interested in Matt Austern's STL rewrite, too.

I'll do a eensy bit of cleanup and then check these in to the mainline.

Phil