Stl map problems, gcc 3.0, libstdc++ 3

Phil Edwards pedwards@disaster.jaj.com
Tue Jul 24 10:30:00 GMT 2001

Argh, top posting....

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 05:26:35PM -0400, Michael Stultz wrote:
> I think that may have been the solution to that problem. Doing the same
> thing without a positional insert seems to have solved the random
> behavior of count and find.
[...]
> On 23 Jul 2001 18:02:22 -0400, michael.collison@mindspeed.com wrote:
> > I'm using maps with gcc-3.0 and have had no problems. I'm curious as to
> > why you are using 'hash.begin()' as a hint to insert the new value in the
> > map? Perhaps there is a problem with the 'insert' method that takes a hint
> > (this would be a bug of course). I would suggest trying the 'insert'
> > method that does not take a hint parameter to see if that works.

Okay, this seems to be independant confirmation of PR libstdc++/3349.  Looks
like there may be something funky going on in the map::insert(hint,value)
method.  I never had time to analyze that PR, but I'll add a note to its
audit trail pointing to this thread.

Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance