libstdc++ bootstrap failures on sparc-sun-solaris2.8 (analyzed)

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@codesourcery.com
Tue Jul 31 14:23:00 GMT 2001

David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com> writes:

| 	Again, V3 needs to go into a "cross-compiling" mode for
| std_limits.h when generating a 64-bit library on a 32-bit host.  I have
| proposed that the build fall back to using the generic std_limits.h file
| if gen-num-limits fails.

Because we're going to try to run a 64-bit app on a system running
32-bit, can't we predict it will fail? If so, why should we try to run
it in the first place?

Apart from that, I agree with the generic std_limits.h stuff.

-- Gaby