Merge install/configopts docs into global gcc install.texi?

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 8 12:08:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Rainer Orth wrote:
> Are these docs really up to date for the GCC 3.0 release, and aren't they
> better integrated into the common install.texi?

The libstdc++, as far as I understand, want to see libstdc++ also as a
separate package that can be used by itself. In that sense having such
separate documentation makes sense; for GCC itself, having more than
one point to check for installation instructions is undesirable, yes.

Gerald