V3 and cross-compiler (AIX 4.3 64-bit mode)

Robert Boehne rboehne@ricardo-us.com
Mon Jun 11 07:15:00 GMT 2001

David Edelsohn wrote:

>         Robert: Did you have any luck configuring with --disable-multilib?
>
>         Rainer: Using --disable-multilib actually causes its own problems
> because AIX pthread support requires a multilib.
>
>         It looks more like we need different GCC configuration
> rs6000/t-XXX files for 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
>
> David

David:

The --disable-multilib option did allow gcc 3.0 to bootstrap, and
the resulting compiler worked just fine.

With the patch provided by David, I was able to configure with
configure --with-gnu-as --enable-languages=c++ --enable-aix64=no
--enable-threads=posix --without-gnu-ld
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs
and everything works.  I tested with a short program that uses dlopen().

Thanks,

Robert

--
Robert Boehne             Software Engineer
Ricardo Software   Chicago Technical Center