Does libstdc++ v3 not work with Canadian crosses?

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 10:42:00 GMT 2001

> So --with-cross-host is passed automatically only if host != target.
> The problem is that if --with-cross-host is not passed, the xcompiling=1
> and NATIVE=0 block in libstdc++'s configure.in is never reached.  We try to
> run mknumeric_limits.  It fails, because it was compiled for the target.  We
> lose.

I've built canadian crosses and host-x-host crosses before. How are you
configuring (exactly)?

when building a cross compiler or canadian cross, the generic_limits file
is used and mknumeric_limits is bypassed.

-benjamin