Project proposal

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc@mediaone.net
Wed Jan 2 19:18:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 09:20:46PM -0500, Benjamin Scherrey wrote:
> Since you bring it up, however, why don't you just let
> the guy dig in and see what specifically he wants to fix by providing a few proposed
> patches?

No one is stopping anybody from submitting patches to GCC.
The guidelines for contributing patches to GCC are clearly
documented here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html

C++ has a lot of features, and this allows
"multiple paradigms" when it comes to designing software
(see http://www.bell-labs.com/topic/books/MultiParadigmC++/).
"Multiple paradigms" can also lead to many debates about
what constitutes the "Spirit of C++".
Instead of having debates about the "Spirit of C++" on this
mailing list, can we see some high quality patches
which improve libstdc++ submitted to the appropriate mailing
list? (See http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html for instructions.)
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr