Problem with libstdc++-v3/po Makefile

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc@mediaone.net
Sun Jan 6 18:04:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I tried recently to do a make bootstrap on IA64 Linux
with the latest CVS.

I ran into a problem with the Makefile, which is the
same as the problem in PR 5174:
http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=5174&database=gcc

If I do:
./configure --prefix=/u/crodrigu/test/gcc3.1 --enable-shared --enable-threads --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-checking

make bootstrap

The make will fail in the directory:
gcc/ia64-unknown-linux/libstdc++-v3/po

If I go to this directory and type:
make check-yes

I get a complaint about mkinstalldirs not being found.
The workaround is to edit the Makefile and change the line:

mkinstalldirs = $(SHELL) $(top_srcdir)/../mkinstalldirs
to:
mkinstalldirs = $(SHELL) $(top_srcdir)/../../../gcc/mkinstalldirs

I'm not a Makefile guru.  Any ideas on the right fix?

Thanks.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr