More instantiation problems under hpux

Fri Jan 18 10:09:00 GMT 2002

> The following are macros on hpux 11:
> isnan, isinf, signbit, isfinite, isnormal, fpclassify, isunordered,
> isgreater, isgreaterequal, isless, islessequal, islessgreater.

After doing a quick hack that didn't work, I looked at this a little
more deeply.  I see that cmath captures the above if _GLIBCPP_USE_C99
is defined.  Then, it undefines the above macros, etc.  It does this
unconditionally.  Now, _GLIBCPP_USE_C99 isn't defined on hpux 11 because
it doesn't have the lldiv_t type.  So, we just end up with the above
being undefined and no way to check the attributes of floats without
using machine dependent functions or macros.  Should configure specifically
check for the above?

Dave