Moving patches from head to 3_1-branch

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@unitus.it
Fri May 17 01:28:00 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I have some patches in the mainline not in 3_1 and before starting
moving at least some of them I'd like to ask the following preliminary
question: in general, when doing so should we keep the same dates, thus
minimizing the overall Changelog differences between mainline and branch
(as we agreeed to do some time ago)?

Then, I summarize here my patches:

1- The set started by Takeshi, on the temporary switch to "C" locale:

2- Tweak money_*_members_*.cc for Euro

(This one may be a little controversial, since it causes two less
failures for systems having Euro-era localedata, but two more for
systems having old localedata on the wchar_t tests, being libstdc++/6410
unresolved)

3- libstdc++/6648:

4- Basic_string::replace specializations

The latter is definitely the most controversial, and was put on hold by
Gerald Pfeifer for late commit to the branch, since it did'nt really fix
any bug but only a performance regression on some specific replace calls
Needless to say, I like it, however ;-) and at this point it has been
fairly well tested in the mainline...

Ciao,
Paolo.