Fix testing libstdc++-v3 with multilibs

Nick Clifton nickc@cambridge.redhat.com
Wed May 29 04:46:00 GMT 2002

Hi Phil,

> Looks safe to me.  (BTW, it's usually easier and better to just mail
> libstdc++ rather than each of the maintainers individually.)

Ah - I looked in the top level MAINTAINERS file to find out who looked
after this kind of thing and it only had your individual names and not
the name of the list.  Sorry :-(

> Will "file delete" be okay the first time through, when the gluefile
> doesn't exist?

Yup - it is like doing "rm -f" except that it will work over a remote
link.

> A question:  I plan to check in the testsuite-library patch described in
>
>     http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2002-05/msg00295.html
>
> I'd forgotten about gluefile.o, but my subconscious made me write that
> second paragraph.  :-)  Do you think this library could make gluefile
> requirements easier to maintain?

I doubt it - but then it should not make them harder either.  The
gluefile is (or should be) just a simple wrapper to catch abort, exit
and main.  It could be archived in your libv3test.a, which might
simplify the linker's command line but other than that I doubt if it
will have any impact on your change.

> Either way, would you be willing to test that patch on your
> multilibbed target?

Certainly.  Just ping me when you want some tests run :-)

Cheers
        Nick