_GLIBCPP_USE_WCHAR_T undefined in FreeBSD's c++config.h?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc@attbi.com
Sat Feb 22 04:22:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 06:41:08PM -0600, Loren James Rittle wrote:
> Yes, I see that some changes have gone in since I reviewed the situation
> 3-4 months ago.  I too am glad to see that Alex produced a patch set
> (which affects OS headers and libstdc++ headers).  Once all the functions
> required by C99 are in, we should be good to go.

Loren,

Using Alex's patches (which are very minor), I was able to
rebuild the GCC 3.2.2 system compiler that is part of
FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT, and now I have a libstdc++ library
which has wstring support.  So far so good.

The patches are so trivial (see: http://news.gw.com/freebsd.current/32128 )
that I think that we are very close to having this work
out-of-the-box with FSF GCC.

My main interest is to try to compile ICE ( http://www.zeroc.com/ice.html ),
which is a new middleware system which was developed by
Michi Henning, who is well known in the C++ CORBA community.
ICE makes heavy use of Standard C++ and Unicode, so it gives libstdc++
a good workout. :)

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://home.attbi.com/~rodrigc