-fpic/-fPIC testresults under sol2.9 & ppclinux trunk

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Fri May 16 02:11:00 GMT 2003

>It's not my intention to paper over any bug by disabling PCH.  But
>running with every test failing because of this problem will mask real
>libstdc++ regressions should an unrelated regression occur.  Testing
>the library isn't very useful in my current situation...

You're not the only one but I don't have time to deal with this at the moment.

>I'm going to run my personal tests with PCH disabled because of this
>until the PR is fixed.  I would suggest we do that globally in the
>repo for the same reasons but I won't insist since not everyone runs
>multi-passes.

It's a valid option. If enough people insist on this I think it's reasonable.

>I've added myself to the CC list of the PR.  BTW I didn't see Geoff
>CC'ed in the PR, does he know about it?

Dunno. Geoff, can you take a look at this? If not, can you give us a
time estimate so we can figure out what to do with disabling PCH on
mainline so that people can get valid test results?

thanks,
benjamin